8.18.2008

taste of tallahassee

I had the most fabulous weekend with some of my nearest and dearest! Meghan and Pamela came for the weekend and we had an itinerary and we were sticking to it. Weekend-O-Fun was created by yours and it was made partially as a joke with the main goal being how many times we could go to TCBY for truly the country's best yogurt. We also got to spend a lot of time with our former supper club members Emily, Nance, and sister. Our plans of visiting the gardens literally drizzled away from the rain but we tried to make up for our one fun event planned by experiencing our own taste of Tallahassee. And I mean we tasted! I'm pretty sure that all we did the entire weekend was talk and laugh, eat and watch the Olympics. It was a blast! As much as it was a taste of Tallahassee we did pretty well at eating foods from across the globe. We had sushi at our favorite downtown place Jasmines, Coldstone and TCBY can count as our American food, creamy gelato from Luna, French cuisine from Chez Pierre...just to name a few! I could name more but then you might try to figure out how many meals/snacks we actually had. Enjoy the pictures from this weekend...they speak volumes.

Their visit also happened to be the weekend of ADPi's friends and family day where the members show their upcoming recruitment skit and video. Boy do I not miss those days of spirit week and rush. I've thought several times today how happy I am to be sitting in an office in jeans not prancing down flights of stairs in stilettos. But we all enjoyed visiting with old friends yesterday and reminiscing together of the fun times we once had. I'm happy to have met so many amazing friends through my sorority and it's weekends like the past that remind me to thank God for the people I've met who touch my life in ways they'll never know.

No comments: