10.09.2009

baby shower supper

That's it. I want a new camera. After last night's baby shower my camera has been put to shame. Perhaps it could be a nice Christmas/birthday present since I will be turning..gasp...25. I think it's only fitting.

My dear friend Kasey is expecting twin girls in December and we threw her a fabulous baby shower supper to sprinkler her with love, monogrammed gifts, and matching little girl ensembles! Mollie and Adalynn will arrive in approximately two months if Kasey can stand it any longer. Mom-to-be looks great, is still teaching, and says she is feeling good too. So 60 of her nearest and dearest came out to celebrate. I've taken a liking to after work hours soirees...unexpected and everything wonderful mid-week. Weekend parties are so last year.

Please enjoy sister Kelly's beautiful pictures I pressured her into taking for me {with her fancy camera} and a few I took.


we set the tone with vintage baby accessories and "mother" ferns


the sunporch...the bassinet was kelly and kasey's

we strung our old baby dresses in the windows
{compliments of the sisters - mc, holly, kelly, and kasey!}


new monogrammed diaper covers...from me and sister

one each with their name in a light green and one each with their monogram in white thread {my favorite}

we served a sweet tea blend and a festive pink champagne and raspberry punch

the dining room

my favorite detail


the spread...delicious chicken tetrazzini {sans the "m" word much to my liking}, a salad with poppyseed dressing, and mini-biscuits {you, know the kind made of sour cream and butter=to die for}

kelly and I were happily in charge of the decor

kasey posing by her marvy cake...her sister-in-law and fellow hostess jennie made it and it was so yummy! the best part was that she modeled the bird motifs from the twins's crib bedding :)



outdoor seating

overlooking buck lake

socializing

THE sisters

hostess mary alice in the kitchen

caught in the kitchen...I just adore being a hostess.


mom and daughters

the lovely hostesses

9 comments:

Heather said...

It turned out beautiful!! My 3 faves: maiden hair fern, the dresses & the bird cake - so cute!

xo

Lane Gunter said...

Just darling!!!
I heard that the "m" word was used in the tetrazzini...they just chose not to tell you. :)

mary caroline said...

LANE GUNTER!!!! you lie!

I almost lost my lunch {which happens to be tetrazzini} reading your mean comment ;)

Mama Byrd said...

Ewwww, if it's the "m" word I'm thinking about it makes me want to lose my lunch right now and I didn't even eat tetrazzini! I don't do fungi! But too cute, the shower!!

Lane Gunter said...

Haha Mama Byrd thinks it's MUSHROOMS! :) Mary loves mushrooms! LOL

But I'm not going to type what the "m" word REALLY means because this is Mary's blog! Heehee....

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

MAYONNAISE.

ahem.

Mike and Kathie said...

Mary Darling,

Please run by Publix and pick up a jar of mayo for me.

Love,
Mom

Smitten Design said...

You are such an excellent hostess. Oh and go ahead and get yourself a camera you'll never regret it!