3.06.2011

a frolic through february

February as come and gone and March is already passing quickly! We're almost to the 3 month wedding countdown and everything is wonderful. I was asked to come back full-time to Main Street Design and started officially on February 1st. Since then I have been busier than ever and am working on some really fabulous projects! It has all been a blessing in disguise.

For Valentine's Day, David and I like to stay in and cook dinner. This year we took on the adventure of cooking lobsters! David picked two fresh lobsters on his lunch break and they were anxiously awaiting for me, live, in my refrigerator crisper drawers! We also made delicious asparagus risotto from the new Junior League cookbook. Everything was top notch - flavor and company.

Last but certainly not least, at the end of February I attended the annual Thomasville Antiques Show. I went two years ago to hear the famed interior designer Bunny Williams speak and this year I was even more thrilled to attend the Carolyne Roehm lecture. She was fabulous!! An icon in my book for all "passions" - flowers, interior design, parties, blue and white...the list goes on.
And of course no trip to Thomasville is complete without lunch at Jonah's Fish and Grits! Yum.

Awakening foliage in my neighborhood is a sure sign spring is upon us! I'm enjoying the late blooming camellias, fragrant Japanese magnolias, and my dogwoods that are beginning to bloom.

Here's to March and two more wedding soirees this month!


what I came home to...

delicious antipasto

asparagus risotto in the works


ready to eat!

left over tea treats for dessert

2011 thomasville antiques show

fyi - I do not have these two books yet and would love to own them someday :)

2 comments:

Lane Gunter said...

you're back, you're back!! :) enjoyed reading the latests posts!

Anonymous said...

Nice stock pot :-)

xoxo

Ella