1.03.2012

they'll be much mistletoeing...and hearts will be glowing...

...It's the most wonderful time of the year!

This is how I felt all last week. On Christmas Eve, David and I traveled to Tallahassee to join the Micas. With Tallahassee as our home base for the week we had no agenda and two side trips to Ocala mid-week and St. George Island for new year's eve. It was truly a much needed and wonderful week - my heart was glowing.

I didn't take a ton of pictures but they add up when you're on vacation for eight days!

Happy New Year! enjoy~

a new stocking greeted us on the mica mantle

mc, allison, and julianne

we made it just in time for a beautiful christmas eve midnight service at st. peter's

we welcomed in christmas with eggnog and treats after church


julianne got fancy with all her wrapping

christmas dinner place setting

throughout the week we had several visitors...the campbell family came over for cocktails one night!

glad to see those wedding koozies in use

I loved alli's new leopard bow

on wednesday we traveled to ocala for radcliffe family christmas and to celebrate my birthday! mom and sister planned for a birthday dinner at latinos with cake at the house afterwards.

sally kate enjoyed hosting a tea party with lulu and ella and letting everyone know that her birthday was "coming up!"

thanks mom and sister for planning a fabulous party!


sally kate helped mom bake my chocolate devil's food with seafoam icing - it was delicious!
the vintage florida tablecloth was a surprise birthday gift that I adore.

my sweet, sweet husband


we used grandmother mary elizabeth's sterling, which was a special treat.

friday morning back in tallahassee I arrived to see sk watering the flowers with her new watering can from me and david

me, sister, lane, and kids had a delicious meal at a new midtown hotspot...paisley cafe.

we shared nutella bread pudding for dessert!

sk and camp

after lunch we all headed up to lucy & leo's for birthday sweet treat

love my sweet little birthday girl

on our birthday date :)

I have to say they've come a long way

on saturday we headed down to the island to ring in the new year. the girls had lunch in apalachicola at the grille and feasted on yummy tea...

...and fried oysters!




on sunday back in tallahassee, we had a traditional new year's day meal and then celebrated my birthday again! karen and allison made this delicious fresh apple cake from the new happy everything cookbook. we were graciously sent home with the leftovers.

thank you to all my dear family and friends for helping celebrate my birthday all week (month) long!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you and SK got to have your annual cupcake date. Made me smile :) Love all of the fun pictures!

xoxo from your friend who also celebrates January birthdays all. month. long. ;)