Back from another wedding weekend and it was grand! My dear friends Kristen and Jason got married this past weekend in their hometown of Ponte Vedra Beach. It was such a beautiful and FUN wedding...the pictures speak volumes you will agree.
I drove to the east coast on Thursday after work and was looking forward to the friends, family, and food I would soon be a part of. The Boehlers kicked the wedding festivities off right when they welcomed their arriving out-of-town family, bridal party, and dear neighbors to a backyard fish fry. It was a casual treat and lasted into the wee hours of the morning. Kristen's brother Brian manned the fryer as dad Karl held tight the karoke mic and never put it down. It brought back fond memories of TPC garage parties when Mr. B dusted off the keyboard and we danced and sang "Piano Man" until our hearts' content. Back in the day we called ourselves Karl and the Earth Angels and we were reunited this weekend!
Friday brought a long day of back-to-back events and changing outfits. I feel like that's all I did on Friday...eat and change dresses {no complaints there!}. Kristen's Bridesmaid Luncheon was held at the Sawgrass Beach Club and was hosted by two very sweet family friends, Betty and Sondra. Kristen looked radiant and she gave each bridesmaid a fabulous monogrammed tote bag with lots of goodies inside. We are each so thankful that we have Kristen as our friend and a part of our lives. She brings joy to everyone she meets.
I drove to the east coast on Thursday after work and was looking forward to the friends, family, and food I would soon be a part of. The Boehlers kicked the wedding festivities off right when they welcomed their arriving out-of-town family, bridal party, and dear neighbors to a backyard fish fry. It was a casual treat and lasted into the wee hours of the morning. Kristen's brother Brian manned the fryer as dad Karl held tight the karoke mic and never put it down. It brought back fond memories of TPC garage parties when Mr. B dusted off the keyboard and we danced and sang "Piano Man" until our hearts' content. Back in the day we called ourselves Karl and the Earth Angels and we were reunited this weekend!
Friday brought a long day of back-to-back events and changing outfits. I feel like that's all I did on Friday...eat and change dresses {no complaints there!}. Kristen's Bridesmaid Luncheon was held at the Sawgrass Beach Club and was hosted by two very sweet family friends, Betty and Sondra. Kristen looked radiant and she gave each bridesmaid a fabulous monogrammed tote bag with lots of goodies inside. We are each so thankful that we have Kristen as our friend and a part of our lives. She brings joy to everyone she meets.
During the brief period in between events Leanne and I got to go to Mrs. Howard...I was thrilled. You see, I have been wanting to visit one of her stores and when Leanne and her mom told me it was just up the road from their house well I was there! She also has a marvy new blog.
A few short hours later it was off to the rehearsal and to the swanky rehearsal dinner that followed. The dinner was held at the TPC Sawgrass Club House. It was an intimate party with fabulous toasts to the happy couple and out-of-this-world kind of good food. For example, some of the best tasting grouper I have ever had and a triple layer carrot cake with a thin layer of raspberry jam in between cake layers. I mean, I've had delicious carrot cake before but this tops them all! My new favorite recipe :) After the rehearsal dinner, the groom's family continued the party at their house for cocktails and more dessert to visit with family and close friends in town for the big event.
fish fry!

kristen and me
jason and kristen
kristen and her new sister-in-law @ the bridesmaid luncheon
lunch is served...chilled avocado soup, almond crusted chicken, and spring greens with bacon and bleu cheese crumbles with a poppyseed vinaigrette
chocolate mousse for dessert...with raspberry sauce!
coffee talk
bridesmaids with the hostesses in our new monogrammed aprons
with cousin allison - the flower girl
carolyn, leanne, kacy, kristen, kylie, mc, lauren
kristen with her maids of honor at the rehearsal - love the ribbon bouquet!
father daughter
mr. and mrs. boehler
@ sawgrass
my beautiful place setting
soon-to-be mr. and mrs. klauk overlooking the golf course
the bridal party
main course...no one looks at me funny when I whip out my camera before I take the first bite...they know it's going straight to the blog :)
I will leave you with this.Tune in for part II...
2 comments:
I love that you post pictures of each meal! It all looked wonderful.
I hope that you left me a bite of that cake. Mmmm!
Post a Comment