Saturday we traveled to Chapel Hill, NC to celebrate the marriage of Anna and Landon and it was a blessed event in every sense of the word! David grew up with Landon and the families were very close. I had the pleasure of meeting both Landon and Anna back in October at the Powell's wedding and Anna and I became fast friends. It was such an honor to be at their wedding this week and we look forward to meeting up with the Whites regularly over the next years. It was also fun to meet Landon's mom whom I've heard so many wonderful things about {hi Mrs. White!}
The wedding was absolutely fabulous and we all agreed that Anna was absolutely stunning! Both the ceremony and the reception were on the UNC campus where both Anna and Landon hold degrees from. The reception was held at the historic Carolina Inn in the heart of the shaded campus. The decor was beautifully classic with a sophisticated and updated twist on color. The reception was held in the large ballroom with black and white flooring and antique chandeliers. The space was so spectacular that extra decor was almost unnecessary and should be kept simple - which Anna and her planners perfected.
We boogied the night away and ate some delicious food {i.e. shrimp and grits!} before wishing Mr. and Mrs. White off to their honeymoon in Costa Rica. Anna even changed into a creme traveling suit before their exit, which I just adore.
The next morning the groom's close family friends hosted a delightful farewell breakfast in another one of the Inn's stylish dining rooms. In was so nice to see all of the White's friends near and far reminisce and gather for such a great occasion.
It was a long drive back for the Tallahassee crew but we were able to stop at A Southern Season on the way out of town which everyone had been raving about. It is amazing. Think Fresh Market, higher-end World Market, My Favorite Things, and Williams Sonoma all in one. And to top it off they were having a fabulous sale! I came out with a new soft camera bag and some birthday candles - just what I needed. I wish we were able to have spent more time in Chapel Hill for from what we saw of it, it truly was the southern part of heaven.
Congratulations and cheers to the newlyweds!
everything in it was so beautiful and detailed...my favorite was an envelope that said "bon appetit" with a card inside listing all of anna and landon's favorite restaurants in town and a personal description of each...I wish we could have stayed long enough to try them.


cocktail hour...they had a photographer take pictures of guests in front of a black and white damask fabric and then had them printed and framed in an envelope by the end of the reception! david and I are racking up on our wedding picture favors!
















2 comments:
Just gorgeous!!
I want some of that pink candy!
I want the pink candy too! And I l-o-v-e the pic of you and David underneath the chandy. Swanky, swank. xo
Post a Comment