6.01.2010

summer. supper. spectacular.

Well I thought this post might not make it until after summer but alas here it is! Last weekend was so relaxing and just what I needed. I started my holiday vacation on Thursday night and stretched it as long as I could until late Monday evening. Here's a look at what we did. I know I don't need to preface this but they involve yummy summer suppers, flowers, and friends :)

on thursday night we had our neighborhood supper club and this is where I found sally kate...

special delivery!


I did actually have to work on friday...but it was at the beach as we installed the furniture for one of our projects just in time for memorial day. the kitchen it quite fabulous...and please try not to notice the packing material still on the table base!

on saturday night we had the most delicious meal with sister and marcus. the boys smoked a chicken and pork piece and the girls made the sides all fresh from the farmer's market. I love this about summer - bring on the freshness! We had smoked chicken and pork, fried okra, grilled corn, sliced tomatoes, and homemade macaroni and cheese. we had enough to feed more like 4 families, but everyone will be pleased to know I actually used the leftovers the next day. in fact, david and I cooked at home 4 meals in a row! that's a record for me, but here's the thing if my life was one long leisurely weekend I'd do it more often!


oh, and I made homemade peach cobbler too!
it's peach season y'all!


signs of summer also includes these beauties blooming everywhere, ahhh bliss. this year they are in my yard too thanks to capital city lawn care. I hope they will stay pink...

so it's only fitting that my house remains filled throughout the summer with cut from the garden hydrangeas...

and the smell of gardenias in bloom is absolutely divine.

another project this weekend was the purchase of a baker's rack to store all my flower containers. is it weird that I absolutely loved organizing everything and I love the way it looks on my porch?!

I have too many of these mason jar votives to keep track of...

and now I can cross one more thing off my list...patio furniture. check. all I wanted was something very plain, simple and black. at last I can dine al fresco on my back deck!

Let the summer fun begin!

2 comments:

Lane Gunter said...

Fun pictures!! Man, your dinner on Saturday sounded fantastic! The Gunter's could have helped with all of those leftovers! Love the kitchen!

Supper Club at your house next month?! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and David...very sweet!!

Ella