7.18.2012

a tea for the mommy-to-be

The weekend after the 4th of July, I headed down to the Tampa area to spend some time with Pamela who is expecting sweet Olivia Grace at the end of August! And to shower her with a little love at a tea party honoring the mommy-to-be. I helped host the shower with Keri, one of Pamela's childhood friends, and she is expecting a little boy any day now. It was such a nice weekend to get to be with Pamela and her husband and we enjoyed working on lots of nursery projects in the less than 48 hour time frame. I so wish I could've stayed longer! Pamela definitely has the motherhood glow and she is beaming with joy to meet her sweet little girl. I can't wait to meet her either!

On Saturday night before the shower on Sunday we headed out on the town including a 10:00pm stop at The Dessert Room at Bern's Steakhouse. We've been talking about going for years. It was definitely a treat for me! Not only the dessert, but most of all spending time with Pamela.

dinner in hyde park

our maternity photo shoot!
I enjoyed spending time with david too :)
the dessert room was all it's cracked up to be and more...
baked alaska  for david

on sunday we hosted an afternoon tea at a quaint tea room in downtown dunedin


flowers from my mother and mother-in-law's yards
we asked guests to sign books instead of cards for olivia's nursery book collection. here's what we included in the invitation...

A nursery rhyme, classic, or Bible story~
Let's bring a book to add to Olivia's nursery!
the hostesses with the guest of honor


they received lots of wonderful gifts, some in elaborate and fun packages


with the grandmothers :)



mimi, pamela, and granny - 4 generations in just a few weeks!
the food was delicious - my favorite were the blueberry scones topped with a lemon glaze {second shelf}


cori and libby
keri and pamela

gifts from mom, sister and moi...
no little girl is complete without monogrammed diaper covers and a feltman brothers dress
pamela's mother gave her a book that pamela had as a baby

and she knitted olivia a beautiful blanket

 it was so good to see college friends I don't get to see very often 

 we sent everyone home with tea cup cookies from sweetie cakes - they are the best! kate made some for our wedding welcome bags and she is so talented.

Looking forward to Olivia's arrival!

3 comments:

Heather said...

A few comments ... :) Pamela, you look so beautiful! Glowing. Olivia is so blessed to have you as her mommy. The flowers were pretty and I love the nursery book idea, very sweet. And I can vouch that those cookies are THE best ... I still dream of those welcome bag treats that I ate all at once in my bed that first night in Tally, haha.

Beautiful! xo

Lane Gunter said...

Pamela looks beautiful! What a lovely shower. Can't wait to meet Olivia...Collins is excited too! :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! Wish all the ruffles could have been there. Can't wait to meet Olivia either.
Rian